Condo Blues: 9 New Habits to Keep You Warm During Winter

Sunday, January 31, 2010

9 New Habits to Keep You Warm During Winter

Welcome Weather Channel Viewers!

Today Weekend Vew on The Weather Channel interviewed me about how we keep warm when we have our thermostat set at 58 degrees (F) for their 58 Degree Challenge segment.




I find that the best way to stay warm when the temperatures dips is to find and fix air leaks and drafts in your home. This also goes for renters and apartment dwellers.



Photobucket
Ice storms and freezing rain frequently cover the branches of the trees in ice.

Three major places I found cold air coming into my home besides from around the windows were:




New habits keep us warm. You can read about them here.


If you are wondering what we're going to do with the money we saved we plan on insulating the garage and the garage door Then we want to put in storage and a workbench/workshop so we can do more DIY projects.


Did you enjoy this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Condo Blues RSS Feed  or to Condo Blues by Email.

3 comments :

Cheap Like Me said...

Wow, I don't know how you do that. We keep our thermostat at 68, which means our *house* temp is about 62. I wear shearling slippers and a sweater at all times, but if I sit down for too long I get really cold -- like blue fingers cold. :( We blocked drafts, but the temperature is the temperature ...

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

Cheap - My MIL gave me fuzzy lined slippers for Christmas and they are a godsend. They are so warm that they convinced me buy fuzzy lined Crocs for warm winter dog walking shoes *love*. What makes the difference is that I have a powerful processor in my desktop computer and it gives off quite a bit of heat. When I'm working upstairs on the computer it's one of the warmest rooms in the house. If I'm in another room, I usually have a throw or Blitzkrieg on my lap to keep me warm. Blitzkrieg is much better than a Snuggie IMHO.

balufeb2 said...

Good post, nice blog. Thanks for share useful information.

Post a Comment

I love comments and read them all! If you’re shy and don’t want your opinions made public, you can always email me at condoblues [at] gmail [dot] com.