Condo Blues: Porch Table Revamp

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Porch Table Revamp

My revamped chairs look great on my front porch.


Photobucket
Festive!

The table sitting next to them did not.

Beat up and boring



And there was only one table on the porch. I have three chairs. It would be nice to have at least two little tables in between each chair to set a drink on while the Husband, Blitzkrieg, and I sat in our chairs and watched the world go by on lazy summer days. (Yes, Blitzkrieg has his own assigned seat. Don't judge.) I could certainly buy a couple of new tables. How much could two little tables be?

LOTS if you’re me. In LisaLand February to April is generally the time where Cabin Fever or the desire to spiff up for Spring means that any purchase I make will be expensive or stupid or something I will fall out of love with shortly thereafter - most likely a combination of all three. Does this happen to you?

So let’s spiff up this little makeshift table. I lightly hand sanded the wood frame of the mosaic and wiped it down with a tack cloth. I found some wood stain in the garage the builders left behind to touch up our baseboards. I added a couple of coats to the wood frame. Good as new.

The base could use some help too. I would have preferred black for the base, but since I'm not buying any new craft supplies during Dollar Store Craft's April Stash Bust Challenge (as an added Earth Day use what you have and keep me from buying stupid stuff incentive) I went with some silver paint that was left behind by an old room mate. It’s a bit too shiny for me. Let’s hope Mother Nature will knock the color back a bit over time.

I sanded the top and gave it a couple of coats of green spray paint from Porch Chair Revamp Round One. I added a coat of spray clear coat to the top to protect the cheap- o green paint from flaking - I hope.


Better than new!

Not too bad. And just big enough to set a drink on - or a plant - because it’s actually a plant stand.

Hey Lisa, your new table is big enough to hold a bowl of treats. Just sayin'..

This time I think I’ll use both of them on the porch without the mosaic top because I like symmetry. The little tables look pretty good in between the revamped chairs and the price can’t be beat - FREE!

Did you enjoy this post? Get more like it by subscribing to the Condo Blues RSS Feed  or to Condo Blues by Email.

If you are joining us from Something I Whipped Up Monday, Metamorphosis Monday, The Persimmon Perch, Market Yourself Monday, Made By You Monday, Marketing Mondays, Craftastic MondaysTrash to Treasure TuesdayDIY Day, Today's Creative Blog, Penny Pinching Party. The Girl Creative, Toot Your Horn Tuesday, Second Time Around Tuesday , or Show and Tell Welcome!

10 comments :

Robj98168 said...

I hoped you saved that lovely Viking Ship. Ya yust don't trow away a good viking ship, Dontcha Know???

Vi said...

Those look great! You did an awesome job.

Unknown said...

The table is adorable I love the color.

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

Rb - I kept the Viking Ship picture. I'm going to do something clever with it later - just as soon as I figure out what that is!

Sew Can Do said...

Looks nice, fresh & new. Thanks for linking up to Craftastic Monday!

Unknown said...

Love your green table and the puppy is just adorable. I had to laugh at your info about leaving critical comments.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

What a wonderful job! Thanks for stopping by, have a great Monday!

Pat Harris said...

I love the chair. Those are my colors. Great job. thanks for visitng junkblossoms. We hope you'll come back soon. We love company.

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

Hopping over from The Thrifty Home. Had to come visit because I was wondering what the fluffy thing in your little thumbnail picture was. So funny, what a cute pup. Your 'new' items look great.
Kristine

So Sunny Day said...

Is youe Peke's name lisa? Mineis! and she looks jsut like your little pup!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Post a Comment

I love comments and read them all! If you’re shy and don’t want your opinions made public, you can always email me at condoblues [at] gmail [dot] com.